If you live in Australia and are looking for a culturally rich and exciting holiday spot, consider Vietnam. The country offers diverse experiences, inexpensive hotels and activities, and a welcoming culture. The high conversion rate of the Australian dollar (1 AUD=18,298.46 VND) and number of reasonably priced flights to Vietnam have led to more Aussies traveling there in recent years. Some even say it is the new Thailand, as it offers delicious cuisine and a beautiful seaside landscape for a much lower cost. Before you go, you need a Vietnam visa for Australian Citizens
Planning Travels from Australia to Vietnam
When you plan your trip, book a flight to one of the international airports in Vietnam. If you aren’t sure which airlines fly from Australia to Vietnam, start your search with Air Asia, Malaysia Airlines, Scoot, Vietnam Airlines, Cathay Dragon, Singapore Airlines, or Jetstar Asia. Most visitors from Australia will fly into Ho Chi Minh City, as it is the southernmost airport option and usually less expensive, but you can get flights into Hanoi and Da Nang as well.
Vietnam Visa For Australian Citizens Requirements
Before getting on a plane, make sure your passport is up to date and you understand what is necessary to get through immigrations. As a citizen of Australia, you are required to get a visa to visit Vietnam. Since 1996, all Australians who come to the country have been able to pick up their visa at a Vietnam international airport.
When you are ready to apply for a visa, have the following information ready:
- Your name exactly as it’s written on your passport: Name order is not important, so you can place either surname first or first name first
- Your date of birth: The correct date format is DD/MM/YY
- Your nationality: As listed on your passport
- Your passport number: Exactly as shown on your passport
- Date of arrival: Travelers must note the date of arrival when applying for their visa. You can choose to enter Vietnam on or later than the entry date on the official visa approval letter, but not earlier
Please make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after your arrival date and you have a blank page left for a new country stamp.
Getting a Vietnam Visa For Australian Citizens
You can get your visa at the Vietnam Embassy in O’Malley, Australia, or online through our website. If you would like to obtain a visa online as a Vietnam Visa On Arrival, follow the simple steps outlined below.
- Submit the application form online via our secured network to receive a visa approval letter.
- Get a visa stamp when you arrive at one of the Vietnam international airports.
For further assistance, please email us: email@example.com, or call our hotline: +84 8 32 320 320.